Sunday 1 September 2013

August 2013

August 2013

Ludivico Einaudi


The amazing 'Einaudi' performed at the Barbican on the 1st August with his ensemble. An amazing concert performed the whole of his new album "In A Time Lapse" along with other classics! He certainly for me is one of the most innovative modern composers. Looking forward to seeing him again.








This is one of my favourites, best listened to over a nice glass of red wine me thinks!

Loving From Within


When I sent "Loving From Within" to Gemma Abrams what did we start? The original demo affectionately known as "The Pet Shop Boys song" had a chorus and a few mmmm, errr, las and occasional line sung badly by myself. After picking herself off the floor in laughter, Gemma wrote a lyric with Adrian and put a fantastic lead vocal (and some backing!) on the track which Stewart then put his magic on. A great team effort at #Dagobar. Anyway after much discussion we decided to make a video for the song.
So we are currently in the middle of shooting and editing a video for the song "Loving From Within" from the current "Songbook 2" album. A day at in Norwich with Epic TV with Gemma Abrams, Georgia O' Keefe for filming.

"Keytar Heaven"
The storyboard of the video has been challenging and inspired by both the George Michael / Mary J Blige video for "As" and the current David Beckham advert which is proving a major challenge technically. Trying to produce multiple shots of Gemma is the most adventurous we've been. The storyboard basically is an audition with a band of "Gemmas" (She evens plays the Keytar!) performing to an audience of "Gemmas" as various different characters. Working with Gemma is always an absolute pleasure as she is full of great ideas and this was an opportunity for her to top up the wardrobe me thinks! And you can never have enough "Gemmas!"
The song itself is available on itunes:

New Rollacoaster Website

Watch this space as the new Rollacoaster website is completed and released along with the new DVD / CD "Past, Present and Future Ten Volume 1" The video of How Will I Know is now out showing the band at work and at play How Will I Know - Rollacoaster 

Copenhagen - And A Danish "Elvis"


On a rare weekend off Lou and myself spent a weekend in Copenhagen and experienced the magical "Tivoli Gardens". Beautiful city and loads to see including the Carlsberg Beer factory. We also caught a concert at the Tivoli on a Saturday night with a Danish Elvis which was surreal. 
"Carlsberg Factory"
"Tivoli Gardens"


"The Little Mermaid (It's not so little!)"

"Danish Elvis at Tivoli"

Back to the 80s Live


It was good to be back in 80s action again after a short Summer break for our new season. In the band now we have 2 Liverpool, 1 Arsenal and 1 Tottenham supporter. We are all now fighting to gain Nigal's allegiance to our teams for the new season. For me, bring on the new campaign I think Brendan Roger's has set Liverpool up for a great 2013/14 so bring it on and let's get started. I do think "You'll Never Walk Alone" was a hit in the 80s so maybe we might even include it in the set. Don't forget to keep an eye out on our Facebook page for live dates Back to the 80s Facebook Page 
"view from the stage"

Thank you for all your support and if I don't get back to you in the short term please bear with me, I will get around to answering all emails and my inbox will eventually be emptied. I have been asked about what keyboards I am using so I will dedicate a future blog to the stage set up for all of the various keyboard permutations. 

Current live dates are on the website, don't forget to stop by and have a look there's always new clips and tracks being added!

See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment